Every since I upgraded to OpenSuse 11.2, a source of frustration was that Amarok was broken, and I couldn’t fix it. Every time I tried to start it, I would immediately get a crash report from KDE. I could solve the problem by downgrading
libxine to the version that came with OpenSuse, but that meant no mp3 support (OpenSuse can’t include proprietary codecs). Kaffeine worked fine with mp3 support, but it still bugged me that I couldn’t get Amarok to run. I even downloaded the latest version source code and compiled it but, no dice!
So, just tonight, I fixed it. I tried a lot of useless fixes from the Google, but this site had the answer. It’s simple. I uninstalled
phonon-backend-xine and it works now. Go figure.